Flooded House in Jacksboro?
Water Damage Tips for Jacksboro
When I saw the water on my front porch, I knew there was a problem. Sure enough, a supply line failed in my kitchen, and water had flooded downstairs while I was out shopping. I called SERVPRO® of Campbell, Claiborne, Scott, and Union Counties and they gave me some tips for what I could do while waiting for them to arrive:
After any water damage situation, your primary focus should be safety first:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place
- Gather loose items from floors
Call Us Today!
When your Jacksboro home or commercial business needs water restoration services, SERVPRO® of Campbell, Claiborne, Scott, and Union Counties are Here to Help. ® Our technicians are on-call 24-hours a day and typically arrive within four hours of your call. Call us today at 423-562-7378.
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.