Fire-damaged Home in Jellico?
Fire Damage Emergency Tips for Jellico
When your home and belongings are in a fire, everything in the house will need to be cleaned. There will be water damage left from the firefighting efforts, and smoke and soot damage. SERVPRO® of Campbell, Claiborne, Scott, and Union Counties offers these tips from our website on what to do while waiting for help to arrive:
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls, and woodwork
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery, and carpet traffic areas
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open
- Clean and protect chrome with a light coating of petroleum jelly or oil
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves
- Change the heating, ventilation, and air conditioner (HVAC) filter
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers
Call Us Today!
When your Jellico home or commercial business needs fire restoration services, SERVPRO® of Campbell, Claiborne, Scott, and Union Counties are Here to Help. ® Our technicians are on-call 24-hours a day and typically arrive within four hours of your call. Call us today at 423-562-7378.
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.