Flooding Safety Tips for Speedwell?
SERVPRO® of Campbell, Claiborne, Scott, and Union Counties respond to storm damage emergencies 24-hours a day, every day in Speedwell. The Powell Valley Electric Cooperative offers some great information on how to survive during a flood:
- Depending on where you are, and the impact and the warning time of flooding, go to the safe location that you previously identified
- If told to evacuate, do so immediately. Never drive around barricades. Local responders use them to safely direct traffic out of flooded areas.
- Listen to Emergency Alert System (EAS), National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Weather Radio, or local alerting systems for current emergency information and instructions
- Do not walk, swim, or drive through floodwaters. Turn-Around. Don’t Drown!
- Stay off bridges over fast-moving water. Fast-moving water can wash bridges away without warning.
- If your vehicle is trapped in rapidly moving water, then stay inside. If water is rising inside the vehicle, then seek refuge on the roof.
- If trapped in a building, then go to its highest level. Do not climb into a closed attic. You may become trapped by rising floodwater. Go on the roof only if necessary. Once there, signal for help.
Call Us Today!
SERVPRO® of Campbell, Claiborne, Scott, and Union Counties has a team of highly trained restoration technicians on-call 24-hours a day to assist you with storm damage emergencies. Call us today at 423-562-7378. We’ll restore your storm damage in Speedwell, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.